We encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) throughout all stages of the order to prevent abuse of customer’s personal information.
Any personal information collected by The Website is stored on secure servers. No credit card details are stored on the Website. Information stored on our web server computer is protected by firewalls, to prevent your data being accessed from any external computer. We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected
Personal Data Protection Policy
Asia Books Company Limited (the “Company”) and its affiliated companies acknowledge and realize the importance of the right in privacy and personal data right of all persons which are important as certified and protected by laws. Due to certain information required by the Company to receive from you for a benefit of the Company’s services provisions and operations of the Company’s business are classified as personal data which is protected by laws. Therefore, the Company determines to establish a good standard of performance and protection such personal data. In compliance with the provisions of Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (the “PDPA”) in relation to the collection, use or disclosure of these personal data, the Company publishes this policy to inform you of the details of your personal data that the Company collects, uses or discloses including the period of retention of such data, necessities and purposes for collecting such personal data and your right under the laws. Please thoroughly read and understand for the benefit of exercising your relevant rights to the Company.
In case you have any questions about the information under this policy, you can contact [Contact Us] via your convenient channel in the details below.
How does the Company collect your personal data?
To collect your personal data, the Company will collect your personal data directly from any contact with you through several channels such as your data fillings in the application form, contracts, letter or other documents or via electronic systems such as data filling on website, Cookies or application functions of the Company or other channels e.g. recordable telephone system etc.
However, in any collection of your personal data, the Company will proceed on a necessary basis under legal purposes and under purposes informed to you at the time of or before collecting your personal data only.
What are categories of your personal data collected by Company?
In order for the Company to operate our business, it is necessary for Company to collect your personal data for the benefit of business operation and service provision to you in accordance with the details as set out in [“Notice of details in relation to collection, use and disclosure of personal data]
Use of your personal data for marketing purpose
The Company may use your personal data for offering products or services that may be interest to you and may contact you from time to time for any notification of new or existing products or services. In addition, the Company may disclose your personal data to any relevant companies or business partners in order for such companies to be able to notify you of products or services through various marketing channels, by electronic communications, e-mail, phone calls, text and other forms of communications; provided that only to the extent that you have given your consent.
If you wish to change any contact information given to the Company or if you no longer wish to receive any of the above marketing information, you can inform the Company of such change at any time by sending a notification to exercise the relevant right through the channels provided in the section “Contact Us”.
In which cases does the Company disclose your personal data?
The Company will retain your personal data without disclosing such data to any third party or the public except for the cases where the Company disclose your personal data in accordance with the purposes informed to you as shown in [Notice of details pertaining to collection, use and disclosure of personal data] or except for your express consent obtained by the Company or any other legitimate interest for disclosure.
Transfer of data abroad
In operating Company’s business, the Company will not transfer or disclose your personal data to the abroad recipients except for the cases that the Company discloses your personal data for the purposes informed to you or except for your express consent obtained by the Company or any other legitimate interest for disclosure.
Security and Protection of your Personal Data
In order to keep your personal data safe, the Company has taken measures, including access limit and use of data only to relevant persons, strengthening understanding and training Company’s personnel to properly comply with data protection standards, assigning scope of duties to Company’s personnel and data processors to properly comply with data protection standards, including their responsibilities to protect any leakage of data and duties to take appropriate security measures for data processing.
If you have any reason to believe that your personal data has been violated or if you have any inquiries regarding the Company’s personal data protection, you may contact the Company as details given in the section “Contact Us”.
The right of the personal data owner
The personal data owner is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 as follows:
(1) The right to revoke the consent.In the case where the Company has requested and received consent to collect, use or disclose for benefit thereof in accordance with the purpose mutually agreed by the data owner, the data owner has the right to revoke his/her consent on the use of such personal data at any time.
(2) The right to access and receive a copy of personal data stored by the Company.You have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal data stored by the Company. When the Company receives your notice to exercise such rights, Company will consider your request for further appropriate action within 30 days from the date of receipt of such request. However, the Company reserves the right to refuse such request if it is required to comply with the law and court order, and such access and receipt thereof may result in violation of other third party’s right and freedom.
(3) The right of request for disclosing the procurement of personal data from an alternative source.In the case where the Company has received personal data from any source other than directly from the owner of the data, the Company will inform the owner within 30 days after the date receiving such personal information (unless it is required by law). In such a case, the data owner may inquire and request the Company for disclosure of the source of such personal data.
(4) The right to receive and request the Company to transfer or forward the data to other personal data controller when the Company adjusts the format of the data storage for automated reading and transfer.You have the right to receive your personal data from the Company in the case where the Company has rendered such personal data in a format that can be read or generally used by automated tools or devices and use or disclose personal data by electronic means. Also, you have the right to request the Company to send or transfer such personal data in such forms to other data controller when applicable by automated system and have the right to receive personal data that have been transferred or sent to other data controller except where the technical condition does not allow to do so.
(5) The owner's right to object to the collection and use of personal data.The owner has the right to object to the collection and use of his/her data under the following circumstances:
1) The collection of personal data can proceed without consent as permitted by the bylaws or other juristic person other than personal data controller (unless such benefit is below basic right of the data owner or;
2) The collection, use, or disclosure of personal data is for direct marketing;When the Company receives your notification of the intention to exercise such rights, the Company will promptly separate personal data of the data owner from other data. However, the Company reserves the right to refuse your request to exercise such right if the Company can prove that the collection of personal data is exempted from the need for consent as it is necessary it is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Company on more important legal ground or for the establishment of a legal right, compliance with or exercising legal claims or raising against legal claim.
(6) The right to request to destroy or turn personal data given to the Company into unanimous data.The data owner may make a request to the Company for the elimination of his/her own personal data and/or turn his/her given data into unanimous data under the following circumstances:
1) The personal data is no longer necessary for the storage of personal data according to the objectives.
2) When the data owner revokes his/her consent in collecting, using, or disclosing personal data, the Company shall have no legal authority to collect, use, or disclose such data.
3) When the data owner exercise his/her right to oppose the collection, use, or disclosure of personal data, the Company shall not reject such request or;
4) When personal data is collected, used, or disclosed illegally,when the Company receives notice of the wish to exercise any rights from the data owner, the Company will consider such request to proceed with proper action within 30 days from the date of receipt. The Company reserves the right to reject such request from the data owner where it is contravene to the law or necessary and legal right to refuse.
(7) The right of request to the Company for suspension of personal data.
The data owner may inform the Company to suspend the use of his/her data immediately under the following circumstances:
1) When the personal data controller is under the examination of accuracy, completeness, or update such data as per the data owner's request.
2) When such personal data could be deleted or destroyed, the data owner may request to suspend such data instead of deletion or destruction.
3) When such personal data is no longer necessary for storage under the purpose of data collection but the data owner requests to continue the storage for initiation of right permitted by law, compliance or exercise of a legal right or to raise as a right of a claim as permitted by law.
4) When the Company is considering the exercise of data owner's right against the collection, use, or disclosure of personal data.when the Company receives notice of the wish to exercise any rights from the data owner, the Company will consider such request to proceed with proper action within 30 days from the date of receipt. The Company reserves the right to reject such request from the data owner where it is contravene to the law or necessary and legal right to refuse.
(8) The right to request the Company to correct, validate and update personal data
In case of any changes regarding personal data given to the Company or that the Company has collected [Notice of details in relation to collection, use and disclosure of personal data] the data owner may request the Company for any correction or update at any time.
(9) The right of claim in case it is found offensive against Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562
In case the data owner finds that the Company conduct any action that violates or contravene the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562, the data owner may report such violation to the Company and/or relevant authority.
If you wish to exercise any right as shown above, you can contact and submit your request to the Company at any time according to the contact details as specified in the section “Contact Us”.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights as specified in section “Right of Data Subject” as aforementioned, you can inform the Company of your intention to exercise such rights through the following channels of Company:
Call Center system
Contact Number: 0-2715-9000 #2
Cookies are is a file format that contains texts and Cookie which are created when users access a Website where the server has created cookie. The cookie is saved to your browser when you visit such website that the content of the Cookies may be recalled or read only by the server that created the Cookies, and the content will be sent back to the original website of each visit. The texts in Cookies often contain data identifying data subjects, website name including certain characters and numbers. The Cookies will store a description of the website browsing behaviour and what is frequently selected by you and your browser.
You can see additional details about the Cookies Policy for collection and use of your personal data.
This website may contain links to other websites. If you press a link to another website, it may permit third parties to collect and distribute your data. The Company does not have control over those other websites and is not responsible for the privacy statements of those websites. When you leave the Company's website, the Company recommends that you read the privacy notice of every website you visit.